Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sleep Training


Luca and I decided to sleep train Gabey baby.  It took us one day.  I feel bad for all those mothers and fathers who it takes much longer for them.  Wednesday we took away his pacifier and let him cry himself to sleep.  It took him 6 minutes to fall asleep the first nap, 4 minutes the second nap, and no more crying since. I feel so blessed that I didn't have to suffer through listening to my baby cry.  I guess he was just ready to not have a pacifier and to sleep on his own.  In a way I'm happy, but I'm also a little sad.  This kinda means that my baby is growing up.  I'm torn.  I want him to stay little forever, but I also LOVE seeing how smart he is.  And how much he is learning.  It's so awesome.  I guess you can't have both right?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Huge congrats on that. From day one with this little girl we've tried not to start any bad habits. After she's changed, fed, and burped, I lay her down drowsy and she just falls asleep on her own. It's worse if she falls asleep eating. Then, she won't burp, and sometimes wakes up with a painful gas bubble 15 min later. Wish i would have known that first time around. 3rd time around tons easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO FAIR! Actually, I'm happy he trained so easily for you. Man, I thought Eleanor was an easy baby and then I met Gabe. What a nice little boy!

    ReplyDelete