Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years Resolutions

1.) Blog once a week.
I think this could be my most challenging one because I don't think of myself as a very creative person.  I feel dumb just saying what I did in a week because usually it's a whole lot of nothing.  But I guess this is more like doing things each week that are worth blogging about.  This also means allowing Luca to take more pictures of me and Gabe.  Gabe really isn't the problem.  That kids has plenty of pictures.  Probably one a day at least.  I just really don't like having my picture taken.

2.) Watch one hour of T.V. a day (or 7 a week)
I watch entirely way too much television.  And Gabe has such a very long attention span for a 7 month old, he has started to watch it along with us.  I don't care for this at all.  I don't want my son to be lazy and park it in front of the T.V. like I do too often.  So I have to be a good example.  So far, it hasn't gone too badly.  I may watch a little more if we decide to watch a movie with friends, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

3.) Read one book a month
I am right on schedule with this one.  I started reading The Help and it made me remember how much I really enjoy reading.  I haven't really read anything but scriptures since Gabe was born.  I hope that all the books I have chosen help keep me interested in reading this year.  Then maybe it will become a habit and I won't have to think about it.

4.) Sing everyday
This one is easy most days.  I just turn on iTunes while I'm cooking or feeding Gabe and sing along to whatever comes on.  But it's getting into the more winter time or year.  This always makes me a little more somber.  I don't feel much like singing after the Christmas Carols have come and gone.

Then of course there are the usual ones.  Eat more healthy foods, exercise more, blah blah blah.  There's a saying several people have told me this year "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." I whole heatedly disagree.  I like food.  I really don't care if I'm on the hefty side of life.  I like cooking and eating good food.  And for me, that means most of the time it's not the healthiest. Maybe my opinion will change.  But for now, I'm content in my skin.   And who knows, with being unemployed for the time being, maybe I will have the time to get out and be more active.  The weather is sure nice enough for it still.

2 comments:

  1. Great resolutions Livy. I like the sing everyday one, I think I might add that to my daily routine too...listen to music more than watch TV. I am definitely with you on the TV one because its on in our house all the freakin' time. together we can overcome! For our Children! :) Hope 2012 brings lots of happiness for your cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join goodreads.com! I love seeing my friends' opinions on their latest reads. But I am confused....you are unemployed!? I'm guessing this is a conversation for the next time we see each other. :)

    ReplyDelete